Drupal is an open source CMS (Content Management System) framework which is written in PHP scripting language and Drupal freely available to download and use. The Drupal framework, modules, and even themes are distributed under the GNU General Public License. Drupal is used as backend framework to manage websites ranging from personal websites, blogs, government, political and corporate sites.
Drupal 8 is slated to bring about completely new standards for usability and providing countless new and improved methods to build and deploy websites and content on the Web. Some of the things Drupal 8 comes with are easily customizable data structures, listings, pages, and new mobile-friendly frameworks to help take advantage of displaying your Drupal content on mobile devices.
Drupal’s 8’s core has also undergone a transformation with a leaner and faster codebase, providing even an easier migration process from earlier versions of Drupal.
The last stable release of Drupal while writing this post is version 7.32 and Drupal 8 Beta is also released. A lot of new features will be going to introduce in Drupal 8. We are going to share some useful resources below for beginners, as well as for experienced developers starting with Drupal 8.
List of Useful Resources for Drupal 8
1. Official Drupal 8 Resources:
- OOP Approaches and Built In web services
- Content customization and configuration tools
- Drupal for marketers and related features
- Content administrator features
- Flexible, secured and accessible themes
2. Drupal 8 PHP Docs
3. Drupal 8 Blog Post Resources
- Drupal 8 multilingual feature
- What’s new in Drupal 8 and your contribution
- What’s new for Developers in Drupal 8
- PHP’s Continuing Evolution
- Prepare and customize your website in Drupal 8
- Drupal 8 Twig performance
- Hello World! example in Drupal 8
- Object Orientation in Drupal 8 – Abstract classes and Interface
- Big architectural changes in Drupal – Why?
- Creating a Drupal 8 Theme with Sass,Singularity & Breakpoint
4. Drupal 8 Code Examples
In this section we are going to share some useful link and resources of real life code, theming, or module examples for Drupal 8 to help you even better.
- New features and configuration management
- Drupal 8 first example – ‘Hello Word!’
- Databases and Forms in Drupal 8
- Drupal 8 module development – Part One
- Drupal 8 module development – Part Two (Forms)
- Drupal 8 Forms in OOP style
- Conversion of Drupal 7 module to work with Drupal 8
- An example of module conversion from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8
- Drupal 8 plugin development
- Theming in Drupal 8
- Twig template engine in Drupal 8
- Routing with Drupal 8
- Drupal 8 RESTful Service connection with Guzzle PHP Web Services Client
5. Drupal 8 Video Tutorials
- Introduction to Drupal 8 Vocabulary
- Creating your first Drupal 8 module
- Drupal 8 installation – Module installation and Directory Layout
- Creating a Blog and Configuring API
- Creating a Symfony Application with Drupal
- Twig, New theme layer in Drupal 8
6. Useful Drupal 8 Tools:
The above resources should be more than enough to get your feet wet with Drupal 8. If you have any additional resources you’d like to see added, please leave the suggestions in the comments below. Cheers!